This is a list of books I’ve found to be invaluable in my recovery journey.
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Life’s Healing Choices by John Baker
- Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Tired of Trying to Measure Up by Jeff VanVonderen
- The Bait of Satan by John Bevere
- Armor of God by Robert Frazier
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- The Language of Letting Go by Melanie Beattie
- Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much by Anne Wilson Schaef
Emotional Abuse Recovery:
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough? by Dr. Karyl McBride (parental abuse)
- Will I Ever Be Free of You? by Dr. Karyl McBride (domestic abuse)
Extra reads that will definitely help your recovery from any abuse or neglect:
Books I’m currently examining:
- Spiritual Depression by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Our Mothers, Ourselves by Dr. Henry Cloud
- Rising Strong by
Do you have a book recommendation for me to check out? Email me! I’m always open for book suggestions.
I haven’t been compensated in any way for recommending these resources. I hope they help others they reach, as much as they have helped me.